Thursday 28 October 2010

Ready, Steady....not quite going yet

I have always wanted to own a yarn shop but being very risk averse, have never had the courage to go for it.. also having three small children hasn't given me much time either!!  Anyway, a few weeks ago I got chatting to some of the people I know with stalls at Princes Risborough market and after some pushing from my husband, I phoned the Market Manager and decided I would take a stall on a Thursday to sell wool.  Since then I have been running around sourcing stock, baskets to display it in and trying to market myself by telling everyone I see about my new venture, and trying to persuade them that they should take up knitting as a hobby........ummh think I have become a bit obsessed.
Anyway, I launch next Thursday and will be selling fairly traded alpaca wool from Manos Del Uruguay, a womens' co-operative, and from Artesano.  I have birch needles from Brittany, a company based in California and plenty of patterns.  Any wool from Manos and Artesano which I don't carry on the stall can be ordered and I will deliver locally or the order can be picked up from me.  All the wool ranges can be seen on the Artesano web site
http://www.artesanoyarns.co.uk/   and I will have samples of all the wools and colours on the stall.
I will also be stocking a small range of Sirdar wools particularly for baby and toddler knits and metal needles and crochet hooks.

Please come and see me if you are in Princes Risborough on a Thursday and say 'Hello'.  I have to say that I'm not looking forward to the cold and have invested in plenty of thermals and a huge flask! 

Some of the lovely wool from Artesano
                                                      

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh sounds lush! And I LOVE that you are doing fairly traded stuff - that's brilliant. I will come and see you!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for taking the plunge! Looking at that wool makes me want to knit,I can't remember how, perhaps you should give lessons round the back of the stall? Don't tell Catherine though, I have no time to sew never mind knit!

    ReplyDelete