Wednesday 10 November 2010

Going, Going, Going

Well Moss Stitch launched last Thursday, and had a very successful first day of trading.  Thank you so much to all the lovely people who came to see me and wished me well.  November probably isn't the best time of year to start market trading  - the day was so windy that merchandise was threatening to blow off the stall and I couldn't display my lovely sample garments as my mannequin kept blowing over!  At least it wasn't raining, which is the forecast for market day tomorrow - Busy trying to devise ways of making sure the stall stays dry.  My son suggested I could make a tent out of bamboo canes and material but I'm not sure it would work...........

The stall on Princes Risborough High Street
 Anyway I have received more stock of Manos Maxima which has been used to knit the lovely jacket below.  It comes in lots of great shades and is an Aran weight so knits up pretty quickly.  Great for hats, scarves and gloves which would make lovely Christmas presents and I have a number of patterns supporting the yarn.


 Anyway if you are in Princes Risborough on a Thursday come and say 'Hello'.  I am happy to help with any knitting queries you may have, as much as I can!!  From next week, 18th November I will also be stocking a range of haberdashery - cotton, buttons, stitch holders etc.  Byee for now.

2 comments:

  1. I will be there! The wools look lovely, but yes, Thursday was disgusting. Here's hoping for better weather tomorrow!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck to you with your stall - sorry you couldn`t trade today - hopefully one day you`ll get your little yarn shop!

    p.s. found you on Ravelry, along with thousands of other blogs I`ll never get the time to visit!lol

    ReplyDelete